[Stargate] Status on Ulrike the Franke

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 15:37:14 PDT 2013

Forwarded to Stargate and Raven's Fort lists, where Ulrike was once actively playing.

Regards, Hillary

Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:37:47 -0500
From: Diane Taylor <diane.mulvaney.taylor at gmail.com>
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra] Greetings

I'm not sure how many of you out there remember Ulrike the Franke, but I
just wanted to let everyone know what's happened.

You see, she came into my life in the early 90's when she moved out to
California. I am Qara Unegen,  The Barony of Stargate would vaguely
remember me as Kujo no Ume.

Friday, they had to transport her to the hospital for swelling in the legs,
high blood pressure, diabetes, infection, and dementia/alzheimers.  Today
they're transporting her to a rehab facility for three weeks.

Ulrike didn't even remember what year it was and it took her a minute to
recognize her sister.  I've been her caretaker for all this time and I
didn't realize how far she'd gone until I was out of the room and her
sister told me.

I'm not sure what's going to happen from here on out, but I just thought
that her Ansteorran friends would like to know.  I mean, she hasn't been
active since she got back, but I know there are  people out there who
remember her.  *chuckling* She once told me there are those out there who
sometimes refer to her as "Mama" Ulrike.

Anyways, I will keep everyone updated.  Just... keep her in your prayers to
whatever Power that you hold close to your heart.  I know that they can
heal the body for the most part, but the Alzheimers is only going to get
worse.

YIS,
Qara Unegen, aka Kujo no Ume