[Stargate] Gulf Wars

Seneschal of Stargate seneschal at stargate.ansteorra.org
Sat Jan 11 09:23:32 PST 2014

For those who wish to donate and are not going to GWs, I will collect
donations at populace and drop off at VP, as that is where I am putting in
my hours

--------------------------
Gulf Wars approaches quickly!

One aspect of Volunteer Point is the Above and Beyond table. Any
volunteer who earns 15 hours (and every 15 hour increment after that)
received an item of their choice off the table. The Above and Beyond
table is filled by donations from fellow SCA members.

To this end, I am soliciting donations for the Above and Beyond Table.
I do ask that an attempt to made to make it SCA themed. Items that are
handcrafted are more than appreciated. Suggestions include hats,
gloves, scarfs, trim, small bits of armor, jewelry, bags. Donations
are accepted at any event that I am personally at (Gleann Abhann) and
will also be accepted at Gulf Wars.

If every artisan donates a single handcrafted item, then the bounty
for the table will be beyond compare.

Any items donated to the Above and Beyond table are used strictly for
the table and are not included in the Raffle (which is done with
donations from the merchants).

If you have specific questions about donations for the Above and
Beyond table at Gulf Wars, please contact the Volunteer Point
Coordinator at volunteerpoint at gulfwars.org.

In Service,
THL Kendra Dey
Volunteer Point Coordinator
Gulf Wars XXIII
Gulf Wars XXIII approaches quickly!

With over 3500 people expected on site and 40 departments, Gulf Wars
runs by volunteers. Please take the time to volunteer for at least a
single shift (4-6 hours) over the course of the week. Last year, there
were over 11,000 volunteer hours (which included some departmental
shortages). If every person volunteered a single shift, then we would
not have any shortages in the entire war.

What does volunteering get you? A lot more than you think.

For each volunteer:
Rewards
Every 2 hrs earned - Raffle Ticket*
Every 10 hrs earned - Pewter feather token
Every 15 hrs earned - Prize from Above & Beyond Table (stocked daily
until prizes are gone)
First 20 hrs earned - Limited edition pewter feather (instead of small
pewter feather)
Every 50 hrs worked - Volunteer Point pin
Every 100 hrs worked - Volunteer Point necklace
*Raffle tickets count for a war point as well as Volunteer Point
raffle on Saturday. The side with the most tickets will be awarded a
war point.

For your group:
The hours you work at Gulf Wars are recorded and tallied and part of
the profits from Gulf Wars are divided among these hours. These monies
are eligible to go to any group with an SCA bank account. In previous
years, this has amounted to a significant amount.

At least one shift per attendee makes the war run smoother. We have
volunteer opportunies that range from seeing the war from a golf cart
to administration. Somewhere in the war, we need you.

If you have specific questions about volunteer opportunties at Gulf