ST -Baronial Polling

Hrldsmn at aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 11:50:17 PDT 1999

Unto the Populace of the Steppes and its Cantons:

The polling portion of the process to select my successor/s will begin at
populace meeting tomorrow night (at Duchess Larissa & Baron Duncan's home).
Interested members of the populace should be ready to give me the names of
their top two choices off of the list of candidates that has been posted. For
reference they are:

Lord Agilwulf the Loud & the Honorable Lady Suzanna the Herbalist
Her Grace Duchess Willow de Wisp, supported by His Grace Duke Jonathan
Master Fritz der Rothirsh and Lady Catrin Byrnmorgan
Lady Katya Iadorovna
Lord Duncan Hepburn and the Honorable Lady Genevieve de Courtanvaux
The Honorable Lady Muireann a Dun na Traighe

Only members of the Barony of the Steppes, and its Cantons my participate in
the polling. I will accept responses in person at the populace meeting.
During the week thereafter I will continue to accept responses by phone,
email, or hard copy. You will only have from Thursday, October 21 until
Thursday, October 28 to respond to the poll. You must list the following
information for me in your responses:

The names of your top two choices off the list from above.
Your Society name.
Your mundane name.
The name of the branch of the Steppes in which you participate.

The recording of the poll will be kept as an anonymous record with no names
attached to the numbers, I simply need the information to assure that
everyone only responds once and that only members of the Steppes and the
Cantons participates.

Their Royal Majesties will be setting up interviews with the top two
candidates or couples at events in early November. This will allow Them to
deliberate and reach a decision that we can announce at the Steppes Fall
Court event the weekend before November.

Please give careful consideration to your choices as the person/s chosen will
be your representative to the Crown, Kingdom, and Knowne Worlde for several
years to come. Anyone having any additional questions about this selection
process may contact me by email at hrldsmn at aol.com or by phone as listed in
the Steppes Letter and Black Star.

Thank you all for helping make this process and transition run smoothly and
swiftly. I remain, briefly,

In Service to the Steppes,
Edwin, baron