ST - art supplies

Aslyn aslyn at onramp.net
Sat Sep 11 20:17:06 PDT 1999

Jethro:

Depending on the quality and price, you may peruse the following suppliers:

Michaels:    *sometimes* cheaper than other stores.....fairly good
selection.  Several Metroplex locations (just look in a phone book, or
e-mail me privately and I can probably tell you ever Michael's or MJ Designs
within a 20 mile radius of where you are staying)

Asel Art:    seems to have higher prices than other stores - but a fairly
good selection.  Located in North Dallas (Beltline @ Marsh) and (Central
[75] and Park (?) )

Binders:        My personal choice.  Prices come and go, but a well laid out
store with a fairly good selection.  Located on the Southeast corner of
Walnut Hill and Central Expressway (75).

And for those reading along:

Regarding the brand of Kolinsky Sable brushes that I have been raving about
(that were available at Binders) - Raphael brushes....there's yet another
import problem, so the manufacturer has asked another company to make the
same brushes under another name - (oh, great.  I've drawn a blank on the
name.....Ibay....Ibura.....something like that.  Oh, just go and ask the
sales people......).

Anyway...they *were* having a great sale on the remaining Raffael Kolinsky
Sable brushes - some as cheap as $4.00.

That's all for now.

Aslyn

(who is darn happy to be in the 20th century - technology wise)