ST - SCA Backgrounds

Franchesca Havas ches at io.com
Mon May 17 08:04:57 PDT 1999

SOCIETY NAME:
Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio (Passed Laurel the first time out!)

SEX OF YOUR PERSONA:
Female

PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONA:
1562

PERSONA STORY:
Born: A quest of my persona is the mysterious circumstances
surrounding her birth. I resided in Italia most of my life.
I am daughter to Don Giovanni Lorenzo di Montifeora and Countess Drusilla of
Northumbria. Raised by Giovanni and his lady wife Philomena, my true mother
was not introduced to me until her coronation at which time I became her
ward for the duration of the reign. I was elevated to my status as a lady
just prior to my knowledge of my birth circumstances. My father raised me
with a gentle hand and trained me to read and write so that I would be able
to help my future husband from a strong French family with the family
shipping business. After our wedding we ventured to the seas.
I was lost at sea on a trip to England from Italia. I was swept to a shore
with the greenest of grasses. My savior was a gentle man by the name of
Bruce Ericsson. His eyes were like none I had ever gaze into. They held
flames that were deep and sturdy. Time went by and word from my family and
husband never came.
Waiting the appropriate number of years as decreed by the church for an
annulment, Bruce and I were married. We have grown gray together over the
years and have two of our own to raise into the light of the Ansteorran
Star. In the year, a. s. xxxiii, we learned that my mother, Drusilla,
had passed on to the other side, soon after we learned that my father
Giovanni had also passed from here to join her at her side. May they smile
upon the children of our bloodline and see that all is good. They are
forever immortal in them. May god smile warmly on those they left behind,
especially Lady Philomena.

FAVORITE GARB TO WEAR?
Gored A-line dresses that drag the ground behind me.

LEAST FAVORITE GARB TO WEAR?
belly dancing g-string, never again!

BEST THING ABOUT THE SCA?
Costuming!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE THING YOU COULD CHANGE ABOUT THE SCA?
That we check our bad kharma histories with each other back at the gate.

NAME ONE EVENT IN HISTORY YOU WISH YOU COULD BE A PART OF:
The opening of the Library in Alexandria

PERSON THAT INTRODUCED YOU TO THE SCA:
Aethelyan and Tivar Moondragon

LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELED TO AN SCA EVENT:
500 ml

WHO IS THE MOST INTERESTING PERSON YOU HAVE MET IN THE SCA?
Sir Ricardo d'Pisa

WHERE'S THE MOST INTERESTING PLACE YOU'VE EVER GOTTEN A BRUISE?
All up and down my left arm, bone bruises from a person I was teaching how
to fence and he was taking out his anger on me.

YOUR FAVORITE AWARD THAT YOU'VE RECEIVED?
It really is not an award in the sense that the question is asking but it is
to me. My coat of arms. A dear friend who is a herald and a non callig/illum
type sat down and agonized over making it for me. It was the most wonderful
thing in the world to me! It took 10 years to get that thing passed!

WORST EXPERIENCE IN THE SCA:
Hurting someone I deeply care about.

THE MOST INTERESTING CAR TAG YOU'VE SEEN ON A SCADIAN'S VEHICLE?
I really never look.

ONE THING YOU WISH YOU'D BOUGHT AT AN EVENT BUT NEVER DID?
Two things: Boots for my husband, and a Black Fox color portrait.

WORST PERIOD FOOD YOU'VE ACTUALLY TASTED?
Goopy pastes that were supposed to be period mashed something's.

BEST PERIOD FOOD YOU'VE ACTUALLY TASTED?
Hennas in Bruet (sp?) (Chicken in a beer soak, I even have the recipe)

BEST EVENT EVER?
Well, each one I go to gets better than the last, so it is hard to say. The
last event I went to was Elfsea Spring Fare in Canton Texas and that was
great fun with my little girl!

THE MOST PEOPLE YOU'VE EVER CRAMMED INTO A VEHICLE TO MAKE IT TO AN EVENT?
5 but it was in an Expedition so it was not all that bad. The guys kept
fighting over which of them got to sit between the girls. :)

THE ODDEST THING YOU'VE EVER TAKEN TO AN EVENT:
At the time, my new digital camera. It really freaked some folks out that
they could see the picture on a small computer screen as soon as I took it.
Had a few running away in persona shouting 'witch craft!', 'soul stealer!'.
:)

THE WORST THING YOU'VE EVER FORGOTTEN TO TAKE TO AN EVENT:
A special sword to be used in a knighting!

THE ODDEST QUESTION A MUNDANE HAS EVER ASKED YOU?
"Well, Maid Marion, where is your Robin Hood?"

HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN AWAY WITH SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE IN GARB?
Actually, I was filmed for a commercial for a faire in Austin and got to ad
lib it. I got away with advertising an upcoming event!

HAVE YOU EVER WORN ANY PIECE OF REGALIA (YOURS OR SOMEONE ELSE'S)
Yes, mine.

YOUR DRINK OF CHOICE AT AN EVENT:
Root Beer!

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PIECE OF GARB?
A Royal blue heavy bridal satin A-line dress from a drawing that Aethelyan
had made her first dress from. It had lacing in the back and on the sleeves.
It was off the shoulders with 1 inch wide white velvet trim and beautiful! I
still have it and have as a goal to be able to wear it to Ansteorra's 20th
year celebration this July. (I have had two kids since I could wear it last)

YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY OF THE SCA?
My second event, it was TYC for the society and my crash space fell in love
with some blond so I had no place to stay. I got very tipsy on the lap of
Sir Andeleon du Asgarth and he took care that no one took advantage of me
and made sure I had a place to sleep it off. He stuck with me for the rest
of the event and made me feel like I was a real Lady of the court! I was
hooked!

WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?
Ya really want to know? Ok. Current scrolls:Galen of Bristol, Geoffry of the
Bay, 7 mundane scrolls, children's champion 1999 (2). Current events
volunteered for: Steppes Warlord. Costumes: Some for me, some for my
Husband, some for the kids for ATYC, A gift for my Laurel's wife when she
decides on the design. Ongoing responsibilities: Clothiers Guild, Steppes
Mailing list, Ansteorran Scribes list, WebPages: 20th year, Steppes, online
siren, wetlands armorial, guild armorial, garbers guild, personal WebPages
and spurs (2 pairs) for the King by July.

PERIOD TENT OR MUNDANE?
Mundane

FIGHT OR SHOP?
Fight

SHOP OR COURT?
Shop

DO YOU WANDER OR SIT AROUND THE CAMPFIRE?
Wander

WHAT LEVEL WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACHIEVE IN THE SOCIETY?
Respected Teacher

AND FINALLY...

WHAT ONE PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A NEWBIE?
Look the part and everyone will believe you are what you want to be. :)

Sincerely,
F. Havas
Dallas, Texas