ST - SCA backgrounds

Lisette de lizdemeyners at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 20:21:13 PDT 1999

--- Franchesca Havas <ches at io.com> wrote:
> > SOCIETY NAME:Lady Lisette de Meyners
>
> SEX OF YOUR PERSONA: F
>
> PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONA: About 1300
>
> PERSONA STORY: in progress, basically widow to a Norman dairy
farmer...

> FAVORITE GARB TO WEAR? loose and comfy
>
> LEAST FAVORITE GARB TO WEAR? anything that does not fit in previous
question

> BEST THING ABOUT THE SCA? creative folks
>
> ONE THING YOU COULD CHANGE ABOUT THE SCA? many hands make light work
>
> NAME ONE EVENT IN HISTORY YOU WISH YOU COULD BE A
> PART OF:
don't get me started

> PERSON THAT INTRODUCED YOU TO THE SCA: Stan the Hermit a long time
ago (college days) in the Midrealm

> LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELED TO AN SCA EVENT: Dallas to Gulf war
>
> WHO IS THE MOST INTERESTING PERSON YOU HAVE MET IN
> THE SCA? ya mean I have to name one?  Branwyn, then.
>
> WHERE'S THE MOST INTERESTING PLACE YOU'VE EVER
> GOTTEN A BRUISE? none of your biznez
>
> YOUR FAVORITE AWARD THAT YOU'VE RECEIVED? my acorn
>
> WORST EXPERIENCE IN THE SCA: the sore feet I took home with me from
Warlord last year.

> ONE THING YOU WISH YOU'D BOUGHT AT AN EVENT BUT
> NEVER DID? don't get me started
>
> WORST PERIOD FOOD YOU'VE ACTUALLY TASTED? rosewater pie
>
> BEST PERIOD FOOD YOU'VE ACTUALLY TASTED? just plain ol' roasted dead
animal flesh

> BEST EVENT EVER? my first gulf war
>
> THE MOST PEOPLE YOU'VE EVER CRAMMED INTO A VEHICLE
> TO MAKE IT TO AN EVENT? 4
>
> THE ODDEST THING YOU'VE EVER TAKEN TO AN EVENT:
the whale pool

> THE WORST THING YOU'VE EVER FORGOTTEN TO TAKE TO AN
> EVENT: my drinking mug :(
>
> THE ODDEST QUESTION A MUNDANE HAS EVER ASKED YOU?
are you guys from russia?

> HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN AWAY WITH SOMETHING JUST
> BECAUSE YOU WERE IN GARB?
no

> HAVE YOU EVER WORN ANY PIECE OF REGALIA (YOURS OR
> SOMEONE ELSE'S)
just my acorn, if that counts

> YOUR DRINK OF CHOICE AT AN EVENT:
water

> WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PIECE OF GARB?
loaner garb from the hospitlar's chest

> YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY OF THE SCA?hopefully still to come
>
> WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW? A sideless surcote with hand embroidered
trim, socks, a blackwork handkerchief, among other embroidery projects,
a pattern for a blackwork thistle (maybe someday I will like what I
draft), some spinning and updating the monarchs and officers for the
ATYC history booklet.

> PERIOD TENT OR MUNDANE? mundane
>
> FIGHT OR SHOP? shop
>
> SHOP OR COURT? depends on the crown
>
> DO YOU WANDER OR SIT AROUND THE CAMPFIRE? sit
>
> WHAT LEVEL WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACHIEVE IN THE SOCIETY?
  A really worthwhile addition to the scenery

>  AND FINALLY...
>
> WHAT ONE PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A NEWBIE?

volunteering is a great way to meet people, but don't work too hard...
it is only a game after all.
===

Lady Lisette de Meyners
Steppes Historian