ST - SCA backgrounds

Phil and Karan Foster phil at globeco.net
Sun May 30 10:18:09 PDT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Franchesca Havas +ADw-ches+AEA-io.com+AD4-
To: steppes+AEA-Ansteorra.ORG +ADw-steppes+AEA-Ansteorra.ORG+AD4-
Date: Monday, May 17, 1999 7:48 AM
Subject: ST - SCA backgrounds

+AD4-Many of you may have seen this on other lists titled 'The Blank Form'. I am
+AD4-curious as to what the members of the Steppes have developed in their
+AD4-personas. Please fill it out and send it to the list. We can get to know
+AD4-each other a little better and maybe understand where we are all coming
+AD4-from. :) I will start with sending my own after this one.
+AD4-
+AD4-SOCIETY NAME:Angus
+AD4-
+AD4-SEX OF YOUR PERSONA:Male
+AD4-
+AD4-PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONA:mid 14th century
+AD4-
+AD4-PERSONA STORY:Still working on it.
+AD4-
+AD4-FAVORITE GARB TO WEAR? Leine (It's great garb for Texas)
+AD4-
+AD4-LEAST FAVORITE GARB TO WEAR? Anything that is tight and hot
+AD4-
+AD4-BEST THING ABOUT THE SCA? Chivalry and honor
+AD4-
+AD4-ONE THING YOU COULD CHANGE ABOUT THE SCA? Do away with the period police.
+AD4-
+AD4-NAME ONE EVENT IN HISTORY YOU WISH YOU COULD BE A PART OF: The battle at
Stirling
+AD4-
+AD4-PERSON THAT INTRODUCED YOU TO THE SCA: HL Penelope and her Lord (terrible I
can't recall his name.)
+AD4-
+AD4-LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELED TO AN SCA EVENT: Kountry Junction RV park
+AD4-
+AD4-WHO IS THE MOST INTERESTING PERSON YOU HAVE MET IN THE SCA? Ronna
+AD4-
+AD4-WHERE'S THE MOST INTERESTING PLACE YOU'VE EVER GOTTEN A BRUISE?
+AD4-
+AD4-YOUR FAVORITE AWARD THAT YOU'VE RECEIVED?
+AD4-
+AD4-WORST EXPERIENCE IN THE SCA:
+AD4-
+AD4-THE MOST INTERESTING CAR TAG YOU'VE SEEN ON A SCADIAN'S VEHICLE?
+AD4-
+AD4-ONE THING YOU WISH YOU'D BOUGHT AT AN EVENT BUT NEVER DID?
+AD4-
+AD4-WORST PERIOD FOOD YOU'VE ACTUALLY TASTED?
+AD4-
+AD4-BEST PERIOD FOOD YOU'VE ACTUALLY TASTED?
+AD4-
+AD4-BEST EVENT EVER? My first tournament, (Elfsea Springfaire 99)
+AD4-
+AD4-THE MOST PEOPLE YOU'VE EVER CRAMMED INTO A VEHICLE TO MAKE IT TO AN EVENT?
+AD4-
+AD4-THE ODDEST THING YOU'VE EVER TAKEN TO AN EVENT:
+AD4-
+AD4-THE WORST THING YOU'VE EVER FORGOTTEN TO TAKE TO AN EVENT: Shorts for under
my kilt. (It was drafty that event)
+AD4-
+AD4-THE ODDEST QUESTION A MUNDANE HAS EVER ASKED YOU? Why are you dressed like
that?
+AD4-
+AD4-HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN AWAY WITH SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE IN GARB? No.
+AD4-
+AD4-HAVE YOU EVER WORN ANY PIECE OF REGALIA (YOURS OR SOMEONE ELSE'S)
+AD4-
+AD4-YOUR DRINK OF CHOICE AT AN EVENT: Ale or Mead
+AD4-
+AD4-WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PIECE OF GARB? A T-tunic
+AD4-
+AD4-YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY OF THE SCA? My first fighter practice
+AD4-
+AD4-WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW? Laerning how to make painted tapestires and
building furniture.
+AD4-
+AD4-PERIOD TENT OR MUNDANE? Mundane (but have intention to build a more period
looking one soon.
+AD4-
+AD4-FIGHT OR SHOP? Both
+AD4-
+AD4-SHOP OR COURT? Court
+AD4-
+AD4-DO YOU WANDER OR SIT AROUND THE CAMPFIRE? Love to wander and enjoy others
hospitality.
+AD4-
+AD4-WHAT LEVEL WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACHIEVE IN THE SOCIETY? Not sure. Just
enjoying getting whereever it is I am going.
+AD4-
+AD4- AND FINALLY...
+AD4-
+AD4-WHAT ONE PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A NEWBIE? Have fun enjoy and listen
to the advice of the old timers.  They have plenty of knowledge and are more
than willing to share it.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-Sincerely,
+AD4-Angus of Stonegate
+AD4-Quinlan, Texas
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0-
+AD0-
+AD4-Go to http://lists.ansteorra.org/lists.html to perform mailing list tasks.