ST - Highland Games

Ace aslyn at onramp.net
Fri Jun 4 12:24:57 PDT 1999

>>>There is supposed to be 'a Lecture Series on Celtic Art' given, >>but I
>>>cannot find out what time it is being held.
>
>>Ooohh - I hope it's as entertaining as *last* year's lecture...as well as
>>the stunning art display outside his lecture (you know he *is* the finest
>>Celtic artist in the Country.....)
>
>Hmmmm..... This is an example of how to soak people with dripping sarcasm
>;)

{blink, blink....}  who....little ol' me?

Oh, don't ya'll remember last year's lecture by Patrick Whatzhisname?  After
the _stimulating_ and *informative* lecture, we went outside to view is
works d' art.  We were um....accosted by this Junior League Reject
(patented) who babbled on and on about how this guy was just the best Celtic
artist in the planet and how we pondscum-esque, uneducated idiots (who of
course knew nothing about art, much less Celtic Art) (P.S. - Lasair was in
the group) should immediately bow and scrape.  We moved away quickly...and
snickered...

Oh...and did I mention that he was using this really crappy oil based
"gesso" underneath his "gold leaf" that was already starting to ooze a
little.

Sorry....couldn't resist...

>>{why isn't there an icon for rolling your eyes?}
>
>Because it would become a cliche in no time at all

and we couldn't have that, now could we....  ;-P

Aslyn