ST - Artisan Update

Ace aslyn at onramp.net
Thu Jun 10 08:50:18 PDT 1999

>Fritz here,

>I'll help with what I can before and after but during I'm kinda busy.

Hey Fritz:

Understood!  Here's an odd request:  you're really good with spatial
porportions.  I may need some help figuring out the best arrangments for
tables in an allowed space.

Have we secured a site yet?

Working feverishly on just that.  We have two very promising prospects;  one
of which Genevieve is on her way to check out this afternoon.  First is
Greenhill School - a private school located in Addison.  While they have
reason to be apprehensive (the last unaffiliated party they rented the place
out to burned their kitchen and stiffed them for the bill), I have been in
active conversation with a school officer, and I have forwarded a very nice
information packet.  I am following up with the school today.

The other is the Collin County Youth Barn (and I wouldn't let that name fool
you just yet).  It is located in McKinney and sounds most appropriate:  a
5,000 square foot building with (air conditioned, I believe - the McKinney
Ducks Unlimited Group) had their annual banquet their a couple of months
ago), the facility manager indicated that the main hall could comfortably
fit 50 tables (and he didn't flinch when I mentioned fencing several times),
there is a home economics kitchen facility attached to the hall which they
will let us use, and there is perhaps 80 + acres of land around it.

I'm confident that wherever we go, it's going to be a great event.

Gunthar suggested the armory in Greenville?

We have called several times and received an answering machine.  We've left
messages that haven't been returned yet.  So...we'll keep trying.

>Fritz der Rothirsch (Ron Hardy)       (214)821-1223
>
>Thanks for updating the phone list.

Bless you!

>And thanks Thomas for updating the Doomsday book. Your tracking down people
goes
>beyond the job description.

Sure does.  Thanks!

A.