ST - Youth Rapier Marshal Needed (no experience necessary)

Valentyn valentyn at home.com
Thu Sep 2 14:15:19 PDT 1999

Now that Youth Rapier is an official activity in Ansteorra, we are
in need of local youth rapier marshals in many areas.  The Steppes
has a number of young fighters ready to learn and enjoy, but a bit
of adult guidance is needed.

The primary responsibilities of the youth rapier marshal are:

1) Ensure the safety of the environment and equipment when youth
    rapier practice takes place.
2) Make the youth loaner equipment available at practices and events.
3) Answer questions from parents of prospective youth rapier fighters.
4) Find a location for youth rapier practice and publicize the information.
5) Train fighters or arrange for someone else to fill this capacity.

Do you need to be a fighter yourself to be the Youth Rapier Marshal?
No.  Physical training can be performed by another (authorized) adult
marshal.  The Local does not need to fight him-/herself.

Please contact Valentyn Drake at valentyn at home.com if you are
interested in this position or have other questions.  I don't follow the
Steppes email list closely, so please send applications/questions
directly.

In service,

Valentyn Drake