ST - Demo at Lewisville Celtic Feis and Scottish Highland Games

TJ Clark tclark at robertsonfleet.com
Mon Feb 7 05:53:41 PST 2000

Greetings, good gentles;

The Canton of Lindenwood was asked to put on a demo at the Lewisville
Celtic Feis and Scottish Highland Games. It will be held at the Gary
Chadwell Athletic complex in Lewsiville TX, March 11, 2000 -- this is the
weekend before Gulf War.  This is the first year of the festival, and they
want the SCA to become a fixture at it, returning every year.
I have arranged for us to have a 30x30 space for fighters to demonstrate
their thing, as well as a space for a arts & sciences display.  I've also
arranged for us to have around 30 people for the demo (or more if we get
more people!)  It's a one-day festival, running from 9:00 to about 6:00.
I've gotten a few volunteers to 'man the booth';  greet people, give out
information about what the SCA is & what we do.
Anyone who is interested in helping, especially if you play Celtic, please
contact me!
Any fighters interested in getting in a bit more practice before the War,
and helping us demonstrate the Current Middle Ages, please contact me!

I am:
Donald Mac Donald
Hospitaler, Canton of Lindenwood
tjoftx at aol.com
(940) 627-1111 or (214) 850-1942

The "second sight" possessed by the Highlanders in Scotland is actually a
foreknowledge of future events. I believe they possess this gift because
they don't wear trousers.
G. C. Lichtenberg (1742-99), German physicist, philosopher. Aphorisms,
"Notebook L," aph. 26 (written 1765-99; tr. by R. J. Hollingdale, 1990).
Lichtenberg added, "That is also why in all countries women are more prone
to utter prophecies."