ST - Oaks meeting

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:32:49 PST 2000

OK, I was in a bit of a twisted mood when I read this. Humor alert
engaged!!!!!!!!

********************

>From: Ron Hardy <rhemail at flash.net>
>To: "steppes at Ansteorra.ORG" <steppes at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: ST - Oaks meeting
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:35:30 -0600
>
>You are invited to an Oaks Dinner

Awwwww, now don't I feel special. I assume formal. Top coat and tails?  ;)

>Who: If you are an Oak of the Steppes

Yep, dat be me

>What: A pot luck Dinner

Hmmmm, I'm on a diet, makes this tough, but not insurmountable. I could
bring some salmon (or possibly another kind of fish) if we could grill it at
your place. Let me know.

>When: February 21st @ 7:30 PM

Monday, I guess you have start the weak out somehow

>Where: At Fritz and Catrin’s house

Follow the Yellow Brick Road?

>Why: Because we seek your counsel on matters regarding the Steppes

Ooo, how sententious! Foreboding ominous portents requiring entrail
examinations and augury facilitated by the expeditious and fortuitous
location of moribund creatures near vehicular transportation paths.

<now where did I put that beanie cap with the propeller?  ;) >

>How: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Movie time?

>You are the backbone of this group chosen to be an Oak because of >your
>work in the past, present and future here in the Steppes.
>Your years of service to this barony give you a unique and valuable
>perspective on the Steppes.

Kewl, feeling ego pumped up now!

>We seek your counsel.

'TOYOTA'

>Please make plans to attend.

I suppose we should carry out those plans as well

>On February 21st we will host a potluck dinner for the Oaks of the
>Steppes.

Vuja De?

>This will be a working dinner as we discuss several matters >concerning our
>group. As this is a weeknight please be prompt so all >can get home at a
>reasonable hour.

I want double time and a half for the extra work time

>Please bring a covered dish to feed 8-10 people, the choice of food >is up
>to you. Bring you favorite! We will provide soft drinks.

If you would like, I will keep track of what everyone is bringing so we do
not have a supper consisting of cake, cookies and ice cream. ;)

>RSVP requested

Here's mine

Borek