ST - Feast Gear Class

Joe and Mary Schirmer jmschirm at mail.airmail.net
Sun Oct 22 09:57:22 PDT 2000

>From some of the initial response to my offer of a feast gear class I have
picked a date of Saturday November 18.  I would prefer to have it at my
home which is in far northern suburb of Allen.  My home is two exits north
of the Cinemark Legacy theater or about 5 miles straight north of Lasair's
home in east Plano.  I like to use my home computer and scanner to help
blow up and create patterns off of photographs of period pieces.  If the
class was somewhere else I would also have to haul a LOT of stuff.  I'm
thinking it would start at about 10:30 and go on most of the day.  I am
planning on it being informal so you can come later if you need to.

I am planning on using bisque pieces.  I will let you choose whether you
want to paint on the plain bisque or to paint on the maiolica glaze.  Plain
bisque is much easier if you haven't done ceramics before.  If you want to
try maiolica, I will need to apply the glaze before the class.  I will show
you how to do the maiolica glazing but the glaze really should be allowed
to dry 24 hours before decorating.  I'm planning on using either 8 inch or
10 inch plates.  If you would like to try something different, let me know.

I will have some extra plates, but I would like an RSVP so that I can have
enough supplies.

In Service,

Keara Ryan
aka: Mary Schirmer