ST - RE: [blackoakkeep] Wylie Demo Pictures

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Tue Oct 24 08:48:06 PDT 2000

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who was involved
with this past
weekends demo at the Chili Cookoff.  From all indications, it went off
exactly how we
had hoped.  Not so extravagant that it would scare people off, but large
enough that
it created interest and familiarity in the community.

Baron Fritz and Lord Botolph, it could not have been nearly as well received
had
we not had you fighters out there.  The fact that you took the time not just
demonstrate the fighting--but also explain it--and interact with some of the
children
<<grin>>  speaks volumes on the quality of our neighboring groups.  Your
Excellency
has once again shown us that Nobility is best served not from a gilded
chair, but
by ones actions with those around them.  Lord Botolph,  I hope that you can
make it out our way sometime.  Lord Damon would love to see another fighter
out
our way.  Thank you for taking the time out of your weekend to help us.  You
have my thanks, and I am sure also that of all in our community.

Lady Juliana, I cannot thank you enough for your Arts and Sciences
demonstration.
It "rounded the field" and from what I understand competed well with the
fighting for
the peoples attention.  No small feat in itself.  I promise, no more
"learning
experiences" for at least another two weeks <<grin>>.

Charles, Taya, Jennifer, Rhiannon, Alain, et. al. what can I say.  You
stepped up to the
plate when it was tough.  Without the help of many of us who had other
things
on our plate, and did an exceptional job.  It is my understanding that we
have over a
dozen contacts from the demo.  That in itself is a major accomplishment.
More
importantly however, we have made a new contact with the people of a
community
in our area and they have accepted us.  They have discovered that even
though we
might be in funny clothes, or maybe play a game other than softball, we are
in
most ways just like them.   That--forming the bridge of understanding
between people--
is worth more than any number of contacts, members, or community resources.

Ronnie and I are very proud to call you all our friends.  I remain, in
Service to the
fair Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Petruccio.