ST - Feast Gear Class

Joe and Mary Schirmer jmschirm at mail.airmail.net
Sun Oct 22 21:07:53 PDT 2000

I was figuring on $10.  Bisque plates cost me between $4-6.  The maiolica glaze
costs about $1.00 a plate.  Firing is another $1-2.  The underglaze colors cost
about $2.50 for a 1 oz. bottle.  The colors go a long way.  The Italian colors
I use are a lot like gouache in that they can be reconstituted by adding
water.  I was figuring on doing the colors with little plastic paint pans just
like scribes.  Early period styles had a very limited color selection.  The
earlier pieces use mainly a copper green and a brown manganese color.  The
color palette didn't really expand that much before 1600.  There are really
only about 7-8 colors that I regularly use, basically the colors in an 8 box of
crayons.

It would help if some people could bring some of their own paint brushes.  I
usually need just 3 sable brushes in size 6, 2, 5/0.

There are a lot of designs that can be completed in just a few hours.  I also
have a banding wheel that can be used to paint bands of color.  I can help do
the banding if you want.

In Service,

Keara Ryan
aka: Mary Schirmer