ST - Steppes Baronial at Camp Burnett!

Jann Mays jannmays at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 10:26:10 PDT 2000

Greetings Agilwolf!

Hi!  This is Gabrielle.  Yes, the "long time, no see" Gabrielle.  I am so
excited about this event.

You asked for other suggestions.  Here are a few that you might choose to
pick from:

GAMES:  Remember how we used to have period games?  Nine Man's Morris,
chess, Backgammon, Pente, etc.?  There are many who have run the games
segments in the past.  Also, I still have my "jeu de boules" set and would
be happy to teach people how to play it on Sat. afternoon.  You know, the
game mentioned in the "Known World Handbook" that's like lawn bowling (the
Italian version is called "Bocce", the French version is "La Petanque" or
"Boules").

NIGHT STUFF:

RENAISSANCE DANCE CLASS:  I remember the first event I went to had a dance
class by torch light.  That's how I was introduced to dance and it was a
potluck feast also!

MIDDLE EASTERN DANCE:  One time, there was a Middle Eastern Dance "thing" (I
don't know if it was a contest or not) under the pavilion (sp?).  There were
wonderful persian rugs and pillows.  It might have been someone in Elfsea
who sponsored it.  Maybe you could check it out.

BARDIC:  I didn't notice bardic or music mentioned -- gotta have stories and
song, y'know   ;)

Yes, yes, memories come flooding back to me when I think of this site.  I
hope I haven't overstepped the boundaries here.  Maybe you can use some of
these ideas from the past.  I will have to re-up my activation on the
e-mailing list, but I'll open up a new hotmail account to do it, so if you
have questions, please answer me through the above email.

Still here and interested,
HL Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre
(mka Jann Mays)