ST - bobbin lace

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Fri Sep 1 13:20:30 PDT 2000

here are a few resources on bobbin lace, we also have a local expert that
may or may not have left for law school yet.

Elin!!! Are you still here!!

"Complete Guide to Needlework" by Reader's Digest (ed.)
"Elizabethan Costuming" by Jan Winter & Carolyn Savoy.
"History of Lace" by Bury Palliser.
"Queen Elizabeth's Wardrobe Unlock'd" by Janet Arnold. Photos of hairlace
pgs.226&227.
"Renaissance Patterns for Lace, Embroidery and Needlepoint" by Federico
Vinciolo in 1587. Dover Books reprint

http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics/lace.htm - Great links on bobbin lace

http://www.halcyonyarn.com//tattingandlace.html - Sells Bobbin lace

http://www.lacemakerusa.com/ - sells bobbin lace making supplies.

http://www.reddawn.net/quilt/stores.htm - dallas area fabric/trim
stores

Silver Threads
701 E PLANO Pkwy # 110
Plano, TX 75074-6751
Phone: 972-423-2499

There is a needleworks place in Plano that you may have already gone to,
but they do mail order from a variety of places. See if they have a
catalog for bobbin lace supplies: The Stitching Post: It is at the south
west corner in the shopping center. 3131 Custer RD # 130 Plano, TX,
972-612-2191.

Stitches Of The Past  972-818-1919 5017 W PLANO Pkwy # 350 Plano, TX

Allison's Machine Quilting  972-783-0401 7701 Standish Cir Plano, TX

Woolie Ewe  972-424-3163 1301 Custer RD # 238 Plano, TX

--
Sincerely,
Chiara Francesca
chiara at io.com

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, My Lady Comtesse wrote:

one who sells supplies.  Thanks Taya