ST - Defender/Lancer

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:09:39 PDT 2000

>From: Kellie Hardy <khardy at flash.net>
>To: "steppes at Ansteorra.ORG" <steppes at ansteorra.org>,        lindenwood
><lindenwood at ansteorra.org>, glaslyn <glaslyn at ansteorra.org>,        black
>oak keep <blackoakkeep at egroups.com>
>Subject: ST - Defender/Lancer
>Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:55:57 -0500
>
>We need first some information from those who know (Borek, Isabel, and
>those who saved the Steppes property from Warlord's list field this
>year)....in what condition are the previous baronial pavilions, used for
>the list mistresses and water bearers?  What items would be needed to
>repair them?

The flat topped, green and yellow stripped, black edged baronial pavillions
were heavily damaged, but one or two should be able to be put up. Worst case
is we go to the local hardware store in Canton and buy some pipe. They can
cut it there for an extra cost or a pipe cutter can be brought/loaded for
the purpose. I am fairly sure Fritz has one. There was no damage to the
canopy 'fabric' on these pavillions.

I would reccomend they be roped and staked to the ground. Supplies may need
to be purchased for this purpose

>Secondly, in what condition are the *old* baronial
>pavilions, the small square ones with, as I recall, the "40-foot "
>poles  (Not used at Warlord this year, but one was used in '99)?  What
>items would be needed to make them really useful?

Those might need some stakes and new rope, but otherwise should be able to
go up. There is a box in storage that has some rope and misc. stakes in it
that could be used and Walmart is down the street in case it is not enough.

Borek