ST - Directions to Steppes Fall Court - additional comments

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Mon Sep 25 20:07:16 PDT 2000

For those coming from the Ft. Worth area, it appears that 121 north past
DFW airport intersects 114, and you could go west on 114 from there.  And
from the  Arlington area, 360 north appears to intersect 114, and you
couls go west from there.  This is from looking at the map from the
internet site referenced in Agilwulf's post.

There is a sign on 114 going west that says "freeway ends".  This is
about where the first batch of construction starts, and near the Kroger
and Wal-Mart on the south side of the road.  From this point till the
stop light at WhiteChapel road is approximately 3.5 miles.

The construction then stops for a short ways.  It starts up immediately
past the stoplight at White Chapel road, where you want to turn right
(north).  The sign here says "detour - Dove Road east".  After you turn
onto White Chapel, you will cross Dove road (a nice wide intersection)
and then the road narrows a bit.

If you miss Camp Burnett, just past the bridge on the left is the
entrance to a construction site for SABRE.  I am guessing that it will be
lighted up some at night and should be visible.  Their drive is a good
place to turn around.

Hopefully this may help some of you get there.  My notes are somewhat
cryptic, so I hope the mileages are close.  Remember, I did say
"approximately".

I have not received a whole lot of commitments for the potluck feast yet
- I'm waiting...  Besides the meat and chicken which the Barony is
providing and Sir Duncan and Ms. Adelicia are cooking, we have onion pie,
cream peas with pork, pinto beans, saffron rice with meatballs, breads
and butters, quiche, dried fruit and sugared nuts.  I would like to
suggest more vegetables (maybe something besides legumes...) period might
include carrots, cabbages, parsnips or turnips, maybe some squash,
cucumbers???  Also some fruits and desserts.  Perhaps a beverage?
Porridge??  Maybe some kind of salad.  Any takers???  Remember, you don't
want the herbalist serving up weeds (for anyone who remembers the wild
carrots in the stone soup that were still sticks after lengthy boiling)!

The only list I have the address for is Steppes.  If you think this
should go to the other local lists, please someone cross-post it.

Thanks.
Suzanna, Herbalist