ST - A Theme for Warlord????

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:00:08 PST 2000

>From: "Greg Shetler" <odsman at hotmail.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: ST - A Theme for Warlord????
>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:24:50 CST
>
>Hmmm.  How about - a tourney to select the Warlord for Steppes?

Motorcycles and lances at 50 paces???

>Sorry, couldn't resist the facetious response.

Try harder ;)

>AFAIC, Warlord is one of those tourneys, like Crown, that just doesn't need
>a theme - it's built in.

I was not looking for a theme for the tourney itself, I was looking more for
like what Catrin had of the populace dressing in greek garb and creating an
atmosphere of the tourney happening in greece. The tourney itself will not
change and I would not expect the actual participants to change their armor
to suit any theme. Not everyone goes to Warlord for the fighting. There is
A&S, Archery, Emroidery, Cooking, bardic, etc.

Borek