ST - Fwd: RE: ES - Renaissance Portraits at the Kimbell

Roy Heath the_one_true_roy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 29 06:24:43 PST 2000

I am forwarding this from the Elfsea list.

There is a display of 10 works by an Italian artist whose works have never been widely
exhibited in this country.  His name is Giovanni Battista Moroni and the exhibit runs from
February 26–May 28, 2000.

To summarize the Elfsea postings, this is a wonderful exhibit of particular interest to
costumers both male and female as Moroni was excellent with details.  There is a guide to the
exhibit available for about $22, but the colors in the photographs are somewhat off.  I still
recommend the guide, but be aware of its limitations.  Bring your Pantone chart if you want to
be able to match colors.

There is a special lecture series this Saturday, March 4 featuring guest speakers with
specialized knowledge of Italian renaissance portraiture and one of the authors of the museum
guide who will be lecturing on costuming of the period.  The lectures are free but space is
limited and prioritized for museum members.

The following attachments will show that the clothier's guild of Elfsea has put in a request
of assistance from some members of the Order of the Laurel from the Steppes to attend as well.

I went last week and I can assure you that this exhibit is well worth the drive and the price
of admission, admission being free.  Some of these paintings are on loan from museums in Italy
and this particular showing will not be offered again in this country.  I'll be there this
week as well since I hit overload after about 2 hours last week.  I can take two extra if
anyone needs a ride.

Erc