ST - Steppes Warlord

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Wed Mar 8 12:03:22 PST 2000

> Maybe they are just giving a discount to those people who are courteous to
> let them know in advance so they know how many to plan for?

That is the assumption when there is a feast involved.  War Lord has no
feast. And although there has been an slow and steady increase in the
numbers attending, asking for paid reservations in this case seems
unnecessary at best, and is alienating some people at worst.

People will still come to the event, it is a creature that is living on it's
own momentum at this point, however the opinion of the Steppes as a group is
effected by this kind of bad press.

It think it comes down to how we want the event and the group to be thought
of; as a fun, open, welcoming experience, or as a fund raiser.

Alys