ST - S.C.A. Membership forms

Joe Bramblett joebramblett at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 08:42:07 PDT 2000

--- JUDE2000 at aol.com wrote:
> I have tried repeatedly this evening to get to the online membership
> form.
> All I get is a  blank white screen, even though I have the "Adobe"
> program it calls for. After attempting to view this, I tried to
> view some of the other items listed on the home page. Each one
> said "unable to reach server".

Is it trying to load Acrobat as a plugin?  (If it is, it will stay
within your browser window, but will add some buttons.  Otherwise, it
will open a separate window.)
If it's trying to load within the browser, it may just be taking its
time to process.  I've seen some docs take 10 minutes or more to open
like this.
Also, if you're using AOL's version of Internet Explorer, you may want
to try getting a regular, unmodified version from www.microsoft.com

If it's opening a separate window that just stays white, you might need
a more recent version of Acrobat from www.adobe.com

Both IE and Acrobat are huge, bloated programs, and will take forever
to download over a modem, so if you decide to upgrade either of them,
start the process when you won't need the computer for a while, and go
do something else for an hour or two.

Conal