ST - Warlord XXVII - Equestrian Event

Patrick J.Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Tue May 16 12:20:31 PDT 2000

> We have no horses for beginners in the Barony at this time, so please call
> me if you are looking to authorize or ride without your own mount. I can
> put you in touch with persons who can be bribed with service or other
> arrangements.

	I believe that my ladye wife, Mistress Ronna, be attending with our
Arabian--Miss T.  She is a gentle horse of only about 14.5 hands.  I'm sure
that she could work out some type of accommodation for beginning riders.  We
are getting Miss T use to being around different people and different
riders.

	M'lady Maeve may also be bringing her gelding Joey.  He is
definitely not a beginners horse, so that would be "right out".  I will
however try and get confirmation from her.

> Please reserve by May 23 if you are bringing a horse. We will be providing
> hay and water for all the horses from Friday night until Monday morning.
> There is ample space for picketing or portable pens but there are no
> stables on site.

	Are we responsible for bringing our own fencing, or will a there be
a corral erected?  Will the hay be coastal or alfalfa mix?
	Our horse can be a touch fussy, even if she does like her groceries
:)

> Steppes will be providing breakfast and lunch for Horse Camp on Saturday
> and Sunday. We will also have a few people to help you when you arrive.
> Horse camp is just past the toll booth. A Neg. Coggins certificate (no
> older than 12 mos.) or Equine Passport is required for all equines on
> site.
>
> The following people are helping me organize Steppes Warlord. Patric de
> Long Coeur (pbureau at home.com) is organizing ground crew and grooms;
> Gabriel Rene de Bernard is organizing (jude2000 at aol.com) the list and
> maintaining the pavilion.

	Will there be any kind of shade provided for either the riders or
the horses?  We may have a spare shade canopy that can be used.

	Petruccio