ST - AHA American Heart Walk

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 12:46:50 PDT 2000

And the date of this is -- when?????

------Original Message------
From: "Robert Haeffner" <caradoc at haeffner.net>
To: SCA - List - Steppes <steppes at ansteorra.org>
Sent: August 10, 2000 7:29:39 PM GMT
Subject: ST - AHA American Heart Walk

Hey everybody, I am trying to put a group together from the Barony to participate in the American Heart Associations 9th American Heart Walk.

The American Heart Walk is the American Heart Association's premiere walking and fund-raising event that takes place in over 100 Texas cities every year. The event focuses on preventing heart disease and stroke by raising money to support research and heart-healthy lifestyle programs.

The Walk also celebrates and honors individuals who have survived a heart attack, heart surgery or a stroke. Survivors are given a red cap to wear on the day of the event to visualize the incidence of heart disease in our communities.

This is a 5k (3 mile) walk.  This a great opportunity to raise money for a really worthy cause as well as a great PR opportunity for the group.  Anyone interested please email me at caradoc at haeffner.net.

HL Caradoc