ANST - Sadness in the Land of the Sable Star

Genevieve de Courtanvaux gdc at airmail.net
Thu Nov 9 12:53:21 PST 2000

I wanted to let everyone know a little bit about Dona Gwenno.....I didn't
know her all that well but when I had the chance to speak to her I knew she
was someone special by both her own words and those she kept as friends.
Dona Gwenno was the first female white scarf. It is my understanding that
she wouldn't let those in the circle already treat her differently. She
wanted to be just as good a fighter as they were and to be respected at the
same level. To be their equal.
Dona Gwenno, also was one of the premier people in getting equestrian
started in the SCA. She demonstrated the equestrian potential at the SCA
20th year celebration that was held in this Kingdom.
Genevieve, who mourns our loss