ST - Feedback on moving fighter practice?

Vicki Shetler shetler at home.com
Sun Apr 8 22:00:36 PDT 2001

Something that my old Barony out in Caid would do was use Fighter's practice as
a showcase for the barony..  Whether you were fighting or just attending
everyone would try to show up in garb, the non-fighters would hold classes, the
Rapier community would make it out too and fight, the musicans guild would
play/practice, and dance guild the same..

I have to admit that having lived in 3 different kingdoms and a variety of
baronies and Steppes is the only one that I have been a part of that doesn't
seem to centrally meet at the Fighter's practice..  As one gentle mentioned the
Fighter's practice is the most visible aspect of what we do..  Steppes should
really consider using that bit of information to it's advantage and begin
showcasing the rest of what we can do..  Fighting for me is very important, but
I am well aware that everyone else may or not not view the Dream the same way..

What does everyone else think?  The park in Carrollton would be a great place to
showcase our Barony and it's diverse talents..  If you visit Elfsea they
generally do this with Randol Mill..  Unfortunately, Flagpole Hill is harder in
my opinion to use for showcasing the various baronial folks because everything
is soo darned far away from where the fighting is occuring..  The park at Kelley
has everything basically when line of sight, as those who have been to the new
park can attest to this..

Isolde von Rugen