ST - Fwd: ES - Fwd: [sca_beginners] In Service to the Dream Movie

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 19:26:03 PDT 2001

>>> As I'm sure a lot of us know, Elfsea has been talking
>>> about getting copies of this film.  Is this something
>>> we might want to do as another way to let people know about us?
I saw the film, and advise caution.  It is LONG, slow, and very Caid, almost a memorial of the two reigns it chronicles.  Yes, you get good bits about the SCA, but there are shorter and sweeter, more to the point materials to use.  If you want video material to show at demos, the CBS Sunday Morning piece on Gulf Wars from last year will be more familiar to most Ansteorrans.

My tuppence, take it as you will.

                                    ---= Morgan

Sometimes, I have looked back at my behavior and learned
not to make the same mistake twice.  Other times, I have
merely learned to make it again with more style.
                                             ---= Marilyn vos Savant