[Steppes] brewers read this -- all other be envious....

John Mays john_l_mays at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:25:43 PDT 2001

As stated last night at business meeting, I plan to start a loose
association of brewers here locally.   This is not a guild -- no guild
rules, heads, or actual officers.  Our intent is to (A) take perfectly good
food stuffs and transform it into reasonably good alcohol, and (B)
distribute said product at local events with the sole intent of  generating
a rocking party atmosphere after dark.

Intended products, since we are actually brewers (not mixers) will include
beer, mead, brandy wine,  hard cider, and advanced level stuff (note: need
to build a still).  No Cordials, no alcohol is created ie, not brewed.

Just so you all know, Texas law states that home brewers can generate 100
gallons of home brew per adult house hold member, this being anything from
beer to white lightning, you just can't sell it.  And for further proof, I
have been TABC certified for the past 10 years.

I intended to refer to US as a slurry of  brewers, thnking  that nothing
else could sound less official, but other designations will be considered.

If we all pitch in on supplies, it could be fun and cheap, two of my
favorite things.

BTW, I was never here...

Jon Rolfson