[Steppes] Loose Association of Brewers : a few notes on brewing

John Mays john_l_mays at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:45:07 PDT 2001

I need to point a few things out about brewing:

1.  brewing is slow methodical process, rushing ruins the mash

2.  brewing is relaxed, else you rush and violate point 1.

3.  mead takes about 6 months the natural way, 90 days with "help"

4.  the same is true of wine

5.  "helping" as stated in item 4 can change the flavor and body of the
product

6.  beer, ale, stouts need 30 days, including botteling

7.  batches fail for unknown reasons, but usually it is related to a lack of
soap and water.

8.  The best way is to work backwards from when you want the product, to
when you need to start.

All I am trying to say is DON'T FREEKING RUSH THINGS, it kills the fun.  And
if we are not in this game for the fun, then what the heck are we doing
here.