[Steppes] Scandinavian festival in Plano

Mike & Crystal Lemming portofun at ticnet.com
Sun Aug 12 11:15:53 PDT 2001

The Scandinavian shop in Plano, The Wooden Spoon, is having a mini-festival
in mid-September.  I've spoken with the owner and she would love for us to
come out as part of the festivities.  She is familiar with the SCA and at
times has been in touch with Mistress Gunnora through her Viking Lady web
page.  I think this would be a good opportunity for a Norse-themed demo.  It
will be visible from Avenue K which is a busy street.  Also, The Wooden
Spoon is more than a gift shop.  There is an open library.  They offer
classes of all the major Scandinavian languages.  It is also a contact point
for people of Scandinavian heritage (Sons of Norway, etc...) who I think
would really be interested in the SCA.

Sincerely,

Conal