[Steppes] brewers read this -- all other be envious....

Conal Fitzgerald conal at drunkenbard.com
Wed Aug 8 10:08:03 PDT 2001

> From: steppes-admin at ansteorra.org [mailto:steppes-admin at ansteorra.org]On
> Behalf Of John Mays

> Just so you all know, Texas law states that home brewers can generate 100
> gallons of home brew per adult house hold member, this being anything from
> beer to white lightning, you just can't sell it.

Actually, it looks like 109.21 was clarified a few years back.  The limit
was set at 200 gallons per household, and only "wine, ale, malt liquor, or
beer" are covered.

This is from Title 4, Chapter 109.  Is there another section that allows
distilling?  Maybe 109.51 if we form a ULC branch locally that uses
moonshine as a part of the Sacrament?  :)