ST - Fighter practice March 4

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Mon Feb 26 23:39:22 PST 2001

Thank you for responding to this good gentle's question your Excellency.
I was away competing with my mundane dart league this night.

No Mike, we shall not be having combat archers and fighters mixing it up
at this kind of a demo or using live steel points of any kind.  Safety
always being our first concern any such actions could not be controlled
and would be an extreme hazard to all in the area.  Although I have not
yet seen the site I suspect that will be the case and that is how we are
going to proceed.  A bit of caution and common sense are always in order!

We shall be giving demonstrations of shooting skills in armor at static
targets in front of an arrow catching net using combat archery equipment
only.  Also demonstrating skills in fletching, combat arrow & bolt
making, and constructing Flemish strings.

Lets be clear on this matter and take note, as the Archery Marshal of the
Barony of the Steppes I do reserve the right and have the final say what
we will and will not do concerning static and combat archery within the
Steppes.  If the safety of our archers, fighters, and/or spectators is
ever compromised, I will halt that event and pull the authorization cards
of whomever is responsible for that act!

Should you have any further questions on this matter you may contact me
privately at ironwyrm at juno.com which is clearly posted on the inside
cover of the Steppes Letter.

In service,

Lord William Ironwyrm

Marshal of Archers Barony of the Steppes