ST - Steppes Letter and Web Posting - The Prophet's Horses

Lisa Le Chatton llechatton at home.com
Sat Jan 20 18:52:47 PST 2001

Greetings all,

There are no tournaments going on in Central or North Ansteorra but South
Ansteorra hosted two events in January with equestrian games.

Siege of the Abbey
Date: Saturday, January 20, 2001
Shire of Seawinds - The El Cid Quest
http://www.seawinds.org/siege.htm
Contact: Lord Einarr Ragnarson EinarRagnarson at y...
361-739-6322
or Lady Isabol Mhartain of Darkhorse Keep

Queen's Champion
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2001
They hosted an Emprise with the same rules as the Emprise at the upcoming
Gulf Wars, an IKEqC, and Mounted Boffer competition.
Livingston, Tx
contact: Lady Lorraine Fraser, King's Lancer
_______

I did hear a cute story from Becky Huffman, one of our new riders.

She wrote:

Lisa,

We have a 17 month old Arabian filly, Andurel, that just can't wait to be
out and
doing. She generally hangs by the fence and watches anytime there is
activity at the barn.

Apparently, our young War Mare in Training took particular interest in the
pig sticking practice of last week.

Taking matters to heart, she seized an opportunity, several days later, to
storm the tack room, locate the offending pig (on an almost 7ft high
shelf!)[which she could only reach by standing on her hind feet and really
stretching - Lisa] - remove the pig from the shelf and -where we had only
managed to
*wound* the pig with our puny sticks - she successfully KILLED the pig with
her strong teeth and hoofs.

....guess this is what I get for naming her after a sword!?!?!

Becky

_____________

In my own little corner of the web there has been some interesting posts on
the Al Khamsa Horsemen's group. We have been discussing the horses of the
Prophet Mohammed and the Arabian breeding practictices of 600-700 CE. I
follow with some posts that may be of interest to others researching eastern
personas.

I want to thank Jerry (Hajji Abu Yahya) and Debra (Hajja Um Yahya)Dirks for
permitting Steppes to reprint their hard won research.

Aimee de Long Coeur
mka
Lisa LeChatton