ST - Re: Clothiers

Chiara chiara at io.com
Tue Jan 2 10:47:18 PST 2001

Yep, you are still on the list. :)

That type of boning usually stays curled unless you line the area with a
heavier fabric or have laid out your strips under something heavy for a long
time before you use it. I recently did an Elizabethan corset with embroidery
that I am now too big around in the ribcage to wear comfortably that was
made with a heavy canvas and lined with the same. I then made channels where
the boning would go into. It has been sitting for about 6 months and is
straight but I had to fight with it for a bit before it would straighten
out.

Phillip...are you still on the list? What is your experience with boning?

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas