ST - Snowwhite attachment

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:50:54 PST 2001

>From: Theresa Wyatt <teebyrd at earthlink.net>

>My Lord,
>I just got the snowwhite attachement-did not open it either.
>Since I am only on Steppes, Elfsea and Glaslyn gen. sites
>this may help you find the village idiot with the plague.
>
>Joan

Perhaps a poor choice of words, there.  Some folks use Outlook (or other
VBS-enabled e-mail program) with a "preview" window.  That means that the
VBS script can run as soon as they click on the message, even if they
*don't* open the attachment.

Moreover, it doesn't matter what you're subscribed to - it only matters if
your address is in somebody's address book when they get the virus.  And
your e-mail address may have been passed in a forwarded message, or sent by
a third party - no telling where they got your e-mail address from.

The best defense is an updated virus protection package.

Dux