[Steppes] Newcomer Potluck Revel w/ attachment!

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:12:04 PDT 2001

Greetings unto you all!!

PARTY!!  PARTY!!  PARTY!!  or   REVEL!!  REVEL!!  REVEL!!

Our first Newcomer's Household gathering will take place this Saturday, July
21st.  This will be in the form of a potluck dinner/revel, so let's start
about 6ish so we can feast first!  We will discuss some of the basics and
have a Q&A session afterwards.  Then we will just downright have a party!!
(or "revel" as we call it in the SCA.)   Bring your own ale or wine or
cordials (no hard stuff), but please, let's not go overboard. We want your
heads clear when your asking questions, ok?  THEN we'll party!

This first household "moot" will be an SCA overview.  We even have a 10-
minute video segment about the SCA that appeared on ESPN's Amazing Games, so
this would be a fun time to show you what the SCA is all about!  There are
books and photo albums you can browse through, costuming articles, online
resources, and much more  available.

All potential Deputy Hospitalers and Newcomer Mentors are invited. We will
discuss Household activities, what to name it, and how we can really have
fun and still learn how to play SCA!

Please RSVP to this email, or you may call me at 972-466-2276 (any day
between 9 AM and 8 PM), so I will know who will be here and what you will
bring to the potluck!

Directions and map are attached!  See you there.

Gabrielle and Jon