[Steppes] Steppes Mentoring Project -- please read.

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 07:31:33 PDT 2001

Greetings unto you all from the Honorable Lady Gabrielle Honoree de Saint
Pierre, Hospitaler to the Barony of the Steppes!

As His Excellency, Baron Fritz, mentioned at the State of the Barony
meeting, we are starting a Mentoring Project to help newcomers get started
in a big way.  We all have had friends in the SCA who helped us out in the
beginning, so won't you return the favor?

Some newcomers are interested in finding out more about fighting, some are
more interested in the arts and sciences, and some would like to know more
about costuming and choosing their persona.

Knights, Laurels, Pelicans, and Lions -- these people could become your
squires, apprentices, proteges, and Lions of the future!! Think of the many
years of expertise you could share with these new members!  I challenge you
to take up this quest!

Even if you are not a Peer, your enthusiasm to help out a new member is a
great asset!!

Please let me know if you are interested in becoming a Steppes Mentor.
There will be a Potluck revel at our home this Saturday in Carrollton, so
please contact me as soon as possible even if you can't come to the Potluck
revel.  Reply via this email or call me at 972-466-2276.

In Service to the Barony of the Steppes and to the Great Kingdom of
Ansteorra, I remain ...

Respectfully Yours,
HL Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre