[Steppes] Garb Workshop, Sat., Aug. 4

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:20:06 PDT 2001

Greetings Newcomers, Fabriganzites and Fabroholics!

As Elspeth announced in an earlier post, we're having a garb workshop next
Saturday (Aug. 4) at her house in Carrollton starting around 11:30-noonish.

Elspeth will be working with late period costuming as mentioned in her
previous announcement.  I believe Her Excellency said that she will be
working with middle period garb (correct me if I'm wrong, Your Excellency),
i.e., sideless surcotes, cotehardies and the like.

For those interested in early period, I will be instructing early period
T-tunics with an emphasis on sleeves, yokes and trim designs.  So, bring a
comfortable fitting shirt to lay down for a pattern.  If you're not going to
the "Fabriganza" this Saturday, bring 3 1/2 to 4 yds of a lightweight fabric
(cottons) for outdoor events or undertunics, and/or washable linen blend
fabrics for indoor events.  Please keep trims and contrasting colored
fabrics in mind if you want a T-tunic with a yoke.  Also, if any of you are
interested in Greek Chitons or Peplos for those really hot summer events,
I'm available to instruct on that, too.

For the August 4th garb workshop, if you have a portable sewing machine, go
ahead and bring it.  Bring scizzors, yardsticks, cutting boards and fabric
marking pencils if you have them.  There will be some supplies available at
Elspeth's if you don't.  Let's have fun!!

If you have any questions prior to the garb workshop on early period garb,
i.e., fabrics or persona T-tunic styles, I will be happy to answer your
questions via email reply or phone (972-466-2276).

Gabrielle

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "