ST - Fighter practice March 4, and NTIF

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:59:43 PST 2001

Earlier, I'd moved our fighter practice for March 4 to the North Texas Irish
Fair.  However, some information has changed about how many passes NTIF will
be providing the SCA.

Tickets for NTIF are $11 each, and the 12 passes provided each day by NTIF
to the demo coordinator are all spoken for.  She'd planned for a much larger
number of free passes, and was surprised by the actual number she would be
getting.

I don't want to ask folks to pay $11 to get in to fighter practice.

So, even though I'd previously said that fighter practice would be at NTIF,
I have to go back on that.

Please, if you have a pass, or were planning on going to NTIF to participate
in the fighting demo there, go.  We need fighting at demos, as it is often
the noise and excitement that attract new members - be they artisans,
fighters, or hard working folks.  That noise gets people to come see all the
rest that we do - so please go if you can.

However, for those who can't afford it, or who don't want to pay to get in
to fight, fighter practice on March 4 will be at the hill, as usual.

Dux