ST - Waterbearing at Gulf Wars

Nolen Dale fairborn at swbell.net
Sun Mar 4 10:52:01 PST 2001

Thank you, it was not my intent to argue regarding the Gulf Wars
issue.  Had Richard pointed out the original water bearing question of
volunteer requirements(as my personal email account is not subscribed )  I
would have been able to have readily provided you with the answer.

I only happened to catch your most recent post.  I can understand the
confusion, as over the years, it seems to have been up to the Marshal in
Charge as to the auth.  and from the very first GW, has been a yes/no kind
of deal.

If anyone is interested in the non combatant auth., any marshall that can
authorize, is able to authorize for waterbearing, and for us it is an on
the spot auth... However, knowing how much is going on during inspection,
etc, I would not advise trying to do it at the last minute.

 From the GW 1, there has always been a need for volunteers for water
points.  While the whole process has evolved a great deal since then as the
turn out increases, so does the need.  I know that any time anyone could
spend would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify the information...
Muriella
k h2o bear

At 10:43 AM 3/4/01 -0600, you wrote:
> > Ansteorra does have a non combatant auth level.  I would strongly advise
> > implementing this auth for anyone that would be waterbearing on the field
> > during called hold times or between battles.
>
>I understand that.  However, it was misstated that this auth is required by
>Gulf Wars rules as well, and it is not according to the Marshal in Charge
>for Gulf Wars.  So persons who cannot obtain the auth in the next ten days
>will still be allowed to assist in waterbearing at Gulf Wars if they wish to
>do this.
>
>I've been in the SCA for over twenty years, have carried water in many wars
>including since I moved to Ansteorra, and this is the first time anyone has
>suggested I needed an auth before doing so.  It was a puzzlement that I have
>been trying to unravel for the last few days.
>
>                                 ---= Morgan

In Service to the Dream

Master Richard Fairbourne , OP
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra