[Steppes] Device (Heraldic) Question

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 05:25:34 PDT 2001

>Anyone know where I might double check to see if a device is already
>registered, or one would conflict with what I am attempting to make?

I can help some

>I don't know heraldese very well, but here goes a shot at what I
>want..
>
>Azure, a pall inverted sable, 3 apples leafed and (don't know the
>heraldic term for a bite taken out of), two and one argent.

Hmmmm..... is there any white or yellow around the 'pall inverted'? If not,
then this device would be returned for a color on color conflict. I am not
sure if there is a term for an apple with a bite taken out of it short of
enchencre (sp?) which thakes a similar bite out, but is usually applied more
than once. The 'two and one' part would not need to be added as that is the
default position for three objects on the field.

Possible re-blazon - "Azure, a pall sable fimbriated between three apples
argent" (bite not taken out)

Hope this helps

Borek