[Steppes] Off Topic

Downs, Barbara Barbara.Downs at tycoelectronics.com
Thu Sep 27 12:55:17 PDT 2001

Okay, this is way off topic, but I so rarely do this, I hope you all will
forgive me.

ANDREW LITTON, THE DALLAS SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA AND CHORUS PRESENT A FAMILY
PATRIOTIC CONCERT BENEFITING THE

AMERICAN RED CROSS

On Saturday, October 6, Andrew Litton, the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and the
Dallas Symphony Chorus present a concert benefiting the American Red Cross
to help the victims of the recent terrorist attacks on the U.S. The concert
will be at 2:30pm at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center. The performance
will be free and open to the public and concert-goers are encouraged to make
a donation to the American Red Cross at the concert. One-hundred percent of
all money raised will go to the American Red Cross. Frost Bank, a Dallas
Symphony corporate sponsor, has pledged to kick off the benefit with the
first donation (amount to be announced at the concert). The concert will
also be broadcast live on WRR 101.1FM.

Maestro Litton, a New York native, initiated the benefit concert. Litton,
Dallas Symphony musicians, stagehands and staff have all donated their time
to make the concert possible. "I have been feeling so powerless and
frustrated at not being able to do something to help," Litton said. "The
good will exhibited by the musicians and staff volunteering to do this
concert is such an inspiration." Litton says he hopes this concert will be
something positive and healing for the citizens of Dallas.

Doors to the Meyerson Symphony Center will open at 1:00pm. General Admission
tickets will be handed out at usher stations in the main lobby and
downstairs at 2:00pm for seating. A suggested donation of $5.00 to the
American Red Cross can be made immediately following the concert. There will
be volunteers at various locations to facilitate this process.

For more information, please call the box office at 214.692.0203.

Alys
Material Investigator
Supplier Quality Assurance
Tyco Electronics - Power Systems