[Steppes] Newcomers from Poland

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Thu Sep 6 10:56:43 PDT 2001

Welcome to Ansteorra and Steppes.

Paul, you mention that you and your family are interested in combat. I
am a member of a heavy shield wall unit, called the Fray. My SCA name is
Michael of the Fray. The Fray has a wide range of fighting styles -
sword and shield, spear, pole axes, short axes, and archery.

The local fighting practice is in Carrollton which is west of Garland.
This practice is held on Sunday afternoons and starts around 2 PM in a
park in Carrollton.

There is also a semi-private practice held in the same park on Wednesday
nights, this starts around 7 or 7:30 PM. This is held by HRM Duncan.

The directions to reach this park are:

Take 635 west to the Marsh exit. Make a right at the light from the
frontage road and you are now on Marsh.

Take Marsh north for about 6 or so miles. Will cross a set of railroad
tracks which is just past Beltline Road. At the third light which is
Keller Springs, make a left turn.

Once onto Keller Springs, you will travel roughly 3 miles, pasting
through one light. At the second light, which is Kelly, make a right
turn, follow Kelly, you are now going north. The park is 1/4 mile on
your right.

Michael of the Fray