[Steppes] Today's events-WTC & Pentagon

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 09:50:17 PDT 2001

At least one person reported that an office colleague had a relative on one of the planes that hit the WTC, and they were allowed to make calls home to say farewell.

There have been calls to give blood - call ahead to see if they need it, some blood centres are being overwhelmed.  If you cannot give now, give later.

My parents (in another city) live in one of the closed-off areas.  They report NO traffic on the streets except tow trucks and an occasional vehicle passing through on a major artery.

I read a number of SCA lists, so far everybody is reporting in OK.  Many people in the military are bidding us farewell, they have been called up or expect it shortly.  Have a report from Bjornsburg that everything is being closed and the bases are on Charlie (second highest) alert.  Wiesenfeuer reports all federal buildings closed until further notice.

                          ---= Morgan