[Steppes] OT - Project to help NYC

Catherine Sims arianne_steppes at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 16:47:27 PDT 2001

Thanks for the responsible opposing viewpoint, Catrinn! In particular, I was thinking about people like me, who have a HUGE stash of hobby supplies, but not a lot of extra cash floating around. I have e-mailed a Catholic church in New York asking for specifics, at the suggestion of the Red Cross. If they don't want or need our hand-made items, then I'm sure that we can donate them to a New York charity, since we're aiming at NYC in particular.   Alternately, if someone wants to donate such items locally, Parkland Hospital can always use help.  Check out their list of needs in the hospitals listing for Texas in the Care Wear website:  www.hood.edu\carewear .  I strongly encourage anyone who can afford it to donate money.  Anyone who wants to make something and donate it, that's good also!  I will post to the list when I hear back from the church, but if I don't, I would be open to suggestions about where to donate such items - Parkland or perhaps a homeless shelter, or some other deserving charity.  Thanks again, Your Excellency, for your excellent suggestion!

Arianne

"I disagree with what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it."  -- Voltaire