ST - Hi! From your new Knight Marshal

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:28:09 PST 2001

Hi!  You may already know that I've been selected as the new Knight Marshal.
  I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself, for those of you who
don't know me.

First, though, I want to thank Francesca for her hard work as Knight
Marshal.  She's been at the Hill in good weather and bad, alone or with too
many people to keep track of, both in good health and in bad.  She's worked
hard for us, and I think I speak for the entire heavy fighting community
when I say "Thank you."

My name is Mordock von Rügen.  Most know me as Dux (pronounced "Ducks" -
it's a filk, not a claim to an undeserved Latin title), and the mundane
world knows me as Greg Shetler.  I've been fighting for 20 years now.  Most
of that has been war-fighting, and I've only recently stepped onto the road
to knighthood by squiring to Sir Duncan Arthur Ross the Black.  I've lived
in 3 kingdoms, and fought in 7.  I've been the Seneschal of an incipient
Canton, and the Constable and Captain of the Guard of a Barony.  I
co-founded the Fray about ten years ago, and have as a consequence a fair
amount of experience commanding troops on the battlefield.  More
importantly, I've taught more people to fight than I can remember (no
surprise, once you get to know my sieve-like memory).

I'm looking to make our practices into a good place not only to come and
fight and have fun, but also a place to learn.  Obviously, I can't do that
alone, so I'm hoping that you folks lurking out there who have some skill
and experience will come out and help teach newbies.  We're averaging 2-3
newbies at each practice, and we could really make our Barony into an
exciting place to be fighting if we can get them trained.  So come on out -
renew old acquaintances, help train newbies, and have some fun in the
process!

Mordock von Rügen (AKA Dux)
(MKA Greg Shetler)