ST - Border Wars I

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Mon Feb 5 14:33:15 PST 2001

Kom heil og sael!

	Whew! What a weekend! Thank you, Lady Chiara, for getting an early
word out to those who unfortunately could not join us. Now that I am
rested enough to read the chicken-scratch notes I took during Court, I
will fill in the listing Lady Chiara graciously began.

	We had several competitions during the course of the
day. I will appologize now for any mispellings of names! Baroness
Allessandra of Elfsea won the Combat Archery competition. Baroness Catrin
of Steppes' Ballista Team won the Seige Weapon competition, having the
most kills for the day. William Ironwood was the winner of the Adult
Archery competition, and Aidain took the honors in the Children's Archery
competition. In A&S, Mistress Kalida took first prize and Patrick the
Armorer took second place. Murdock McDuncan won the Monster Goose game
(and the goose!). Lady Eleanor Clevely won the Ladies' Division of the
Skillet Toss and Murdock McDuncan won the Childrens' Division. We also
held a Stone Toss for the gentlemen, with Gustaf av Blitzkadun winning
first place and Sebastian del Rosten winning second (and the stone!). I do
not have the winners for the Scholar's Tourney or the Quest.

Vivat the competition winners!

	On to awards and honors: two awards were read earlier in the day,
and Lord Alasdair has the details on those. In evening court, Trinity de
la Cabana, Sunnifa Eiríksdóttir, Cameron Hambleton, and Guy-jin received
their Awards of Arms. Lady Seneschal Adriana Hambleton received her Sable
Thistle for her work and teaching of customing and sewing.

Vivat Lady Trinity de la Cabana, Lord Cameron Hambleton, Lord Guy-jin, and
Lady Adriana Hambleton!

	I had a wonderful time, and I hope everyone else did to! Thank you
to Their Excellencies Steppes for Their unfailing support and
encouragement in this new venture for our Canton, to Centurian Almarr and
Lady Tyrca for spear-heading the event, to everyone both in and out of
Lindenwood that rolled up their sleeves and pitched in to help, and to all
of our guests, who made the all the effort and labor so enjoyable and
rewarding!

Still pleasantly surprised,
Lady Sunnifa "For What?!?" Eiríksdóttir