ST - Kingdom A&S 2k1

Chiara chiara at io.com
Thu Feb 15 14:23:54 PST 2001

From: Charla Clark[SMTP:clarkcw at hal.lamar.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 2:09 PM
Subject: Kingdom Arts and Sciences competition

After much contemplation, here are the rules for the next Kingdom Arts and
Sciences competition scheduled for November 3, 2001.

Each entrant will be allowed to have ONE (1) entry in up to TWO (2)
categories. The three (3) categories being:
Static Arts and Sciences, Performing Arts, and Scholarly Paper. Two
(2) entries in the same category will NOT
be allowed. Two (2) entries are not mandatory. Documentation is
required. Scholarly Papers should be sent to
the me or the judges( to be determined - more information to follow)
no later than three (3) weeks in advance of
the competition.

It is my hope the rules of this competition will encourage all artisans to
diversify. I know it will make it easier on the judges as a whole,
especially the static judges. Many artisans only do either static or
performing. I would suggest that we encourage this kind of artisan to do
one entry in either static or performing arts AND one entry as a scholarly
paper. If artisan are that concentrated, they probably have done some
extensive research.

Scholarly papers may be supported by examples, but entrants should
remember it is the scholarly paper that will be judged. I would suggest to
entrants that scholarly papers which are supported by physical examples
should have pictures of these examples accompany the paper to the judges.
Actual support examples may be displayed at the competition with the
scholarly paper.

Please get this information out to your local A & S ministers as soon as
possible. I know the event is over eight (8) months away, but please
encourage all artisans to start their projects now.

Thanks,
Charla