ST - Fw: Steppes - SCA

Centurion Almarr Bjarnklö bjarnklo at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:06:50 PST 2001

Hmmm maybe I should read all my email...   If I had known we could have dont
this instead of our fighter practice TONIGHT!  sigh, but now Im afraid its
too late for me.

Almarr
who would love to help, but...

Chiara wrote:

We are being called to show off our best for a troop of very young
andpowerful minds. Boy Scouts. Recent events have been held in
facilitiesrelated to the scouts and it would be nice to give something back.
They haverequested 2 knights for a short demo of a list of things below.
Furtherconversations have revealed that they would very much enjoy the feats
of oursiege engines and archers as well as artisans, light weapons and
armorers.But if all we can get is 2 knights they would be just as happy.
There willbe a question and answer session on the virtuous of knighthood,
your armor,warstories and a demo of your fighting skills if only two show
up. If moreare out there that want to do this we can expand that even
more!!! :)Please contact me ASAP if you have the time on Tuesday evening to
do thisdemo.Knights, Centurions, Dons, Eq!
uestrians, and archers/siege engineers, can oneof you please either send
this missive on to the lists or to other knights,centurions, dons,
equestrians, and archer/engineers of the area? Thanks!
:)Sincerely,Franchesca HavasMcKinney, Texas----- Original Message -----From:
Mark MurraySent: Monday, February 12, 2001 12:30 AMSubject: Re: Steppes -
SCA
Greetings. I am a Cub Scout Denleader with Pack 845 in Carrollton. Ourpack
will be hosting our annual Blue and Gold Banquet February the 20thand we
were curious if a couple of Knights from The Steppes would beinterested in
providing a demonstration of combat, weaponry, and armorfor the event. We
have about 50 active scouts ranging in age from 6 to11 years old and their
families planning to attend. We will provide foodfor participants and are
willing to negotiate a fee for their services.Could you please forward this
information to anyone who could help toarrange this and have them contact me
as soon as possible. I sincerelyappreciate your help.Regards,Mark
Murraydaytime phone 214-891-5816evening phone 972-242-4493email:
borgbilly at home.com